ESA and tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and tribunal

dion
dion Community member Posts: 31 Listener
hi please someone give me advice. I won esa appeal 3 weeks ago and dwp called today and told me there chalangeing the tribunals decision can u tell me where I stand are the and is it unusual for them to do this and what are the odds thay will go agaist the tribunal? any advice is much appreciated 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dion
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately I am unsure however another member of the community may know and will be in contact with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • dion
    please someone help me answer my question Iits making me sick with worry thank in advance 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dion and welcome to the community. I am sorry that you have not received a response just yet. I will move your discussion to the ESA section on the community and hope people will help :)
    Scope

• dion
    ok thank u I'm just going mad worrying about this I'm trying to deal with addiction problems and got loads of health issues this makes my feel like go not going and buying drugs but I'm not gonna the esa people would love that wouldn't thay 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dion, as @Username_removed says this is just routine rather than a case of you being singled out, although I can empathise with why you would be feeling anxious about it. Please do keep us updated, and I hope today's a good one!
  • dion
  • dion
    just been to see key worker and he's saying I have nothing to worry about as there just trying it, the dwp I mean. i hope he's right if there is anyone with any advice for me about my problem please get in touch it is much appreciated thanks in advance 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    dion said:
    just been to see key worker and he's saying I have nothing to worry about as there just trying it, the dwp I mean. i hope he's right if there is anyone with any advice for me about my problem please get in touch it is much appreciated thanks in advance 
    Hi,

There's no more advice to give you here. DWP have 28 days to request the statement of reasons, this doesn't mean they're appealing the decision. It won't be the first time DWP have requested the statement of reasons. As i advised yesterday on one of your threads, DWP have to find an error in law before they can appeal the decision. There's nothing more you can do but wait, i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dion
    ok thanks again and sorry for driving u mad lol. it's just it's been going on since last September then I win appeal and get all worked up and breathed a sigh of of relief to be told there chalangeing it but i will let u no the outcome poppy. thanks u have helped x
  • dion
    Hello all I thought I would update u to my situation I still not heard from dwp not even a letter I called the tribunals Friday and told no statement of reasons requested as of then, called doe Monday told by the lady thay are deffo challenging it so I'm no nearer to finding out what's going on I got appointment with my key worker Friday to chase them up but it's been nearly 5 weeks now since I won appeal. Hope people can learn from this that the dwp don't have to agree with it and  can challenge it. Hope this post educates people on the new tactics dwp and seeming to pull now.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for updating us @dion. From what we've heard from others it can take at least 5-8 weeks for a tribunal win to be put into payment. However, glad to hear that you're keeping on top of it with your key worker. Fingers crossed you'll have better news soon!
  • dion
    Just called tribural and told no statement of reasons asked for yet so called dwp lady told me all it says is decision to appeal put on my file and thay have till 16th October to respond and I will get a letter telling me what thay are gonna do but that's not good enough thay not saying why there going to appeal so still in the dark 
  • poppy123456
    As they haven't asked for the SOR yet this most likely means they have until this date to request it. They still can't appeal without finding the error in law first.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dion
    Ok thanks mikehughesca hope thay hurry up im in debt up to my eyeballs and feel like giving up 
  • dion
    Na. no debt adviser but coz I'm on methadone I got the drug and alcohol team who's been helping with the whole process of my appeal and got appointment with them Friday so hopefully thay can find out more about what the dwp wanna do concerning my esa because it seems like I'm getting Palmed of every time I call them but thanks for everyone's help from the scope community I appreciate it 
  • dion
    Hi everyone sorry to say nearly 6 weeks now and still no nearer to finding out what is going on with my esa. My drug worker called them Friday and he was told on my file all it says is going to challenge tribural win and that was the last entry put in it don't say why or no up dates so drug worker asked them for a call back to explain there self and he would call me to let me no what thay say, well it's now Monday afternoon and I still not heard nothing, sometimes no news is good news I hope so in my case. I'm going crazy worrying about the outcome and pray I  find out asap keep fingers crossed for me please people. Hope u all have a great day 
  • dion
    I been told I will eather get a letter to say thay have grounds to appeal or to say thay have paid me and no feather action and no time scale so in a way your right so thanks for your response 
  • dion
    If there's any benefit advice u could give me on what to do now because I Still not heard anything from dwp many thanks
  • poppy123456
    There's really nothing more you can do but wait. The advice you received a couple of days ago is the same now.
  • dion
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who adviced me on here, I had good news today when I called esa this morning was overjoyed to be told that it was resolved on the 30th September and thay had paid all my back pay from sep 2017 I was overjoyed. Anyway anyone who is going though the same thing don't give up there is hope as u can see with my outcome. Anyway thanks again to u all x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.