PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

Options
RHI54
RHI54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was awarded PIP 24th September 2016 until 29th August 2019.  

I received a new Review form dated 29th August 2018 to be returned by 29th September 2018.  I was confused that I was receiving review form a year prior to end award date.   I telephoned and asked why I received this form 12 months before end date and man on phone said that it was "Planned Intervention" and that I would have to return form by 29th Sept 18 or my PIP would stop.

I am still confused why if I was awarded until above date in 2019 that I'm having to return review form now a year before end date
and also does anyone know or heard of "Planned Intervention"?

Comments

• blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
     ho @RHI54 yes i seen a lot get a review 9- 12 months before   the end date  i think this is normal in all pip awards 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    PIP reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end. You will need to return that form, along with all you evidence otherwise your PIP will stop. You can ring DWP and ask for a further 14 days to return the form, if you need extra time.

Expect another face 2 face assessment as most people have them. If the decision goes in your favour you'll have a new award date. If the decision doesn't go in your favour your PIP will stop 4 weeks after the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RHI54
    RHI54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.