We've received a letter asking for passport and a bill with no PIP2 form. What does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We've received a letter asking for passport and a bill with no PIP2 form. What does this mean?

daniellelucy
daniellelucy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for PIP for my husband a couple of weeks ago by phone and have today received a letter asking for passport and a bill, no form pip2 to fill out as yet. Does anyone know what this means

Thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daniellelucy
    Welcome to the community! I am unsure however another member of the community may know and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • trev2819
    trev2819 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    edited September 2018
    Sounds unusual, but then again I was transferred from DLA to PIP, rather than applying from scratch.  Probably good idea to ring them tomorrow morning though, just to be sure and to clarify what you need to do. (usually get through quicker in the mornings). I think  should be able to get through on 0800 121 4433, between 8am and 6pm Mon to Fri.

Oh, and if it is right, but you're not keen on sending originals you could ask if they'll let you show them at a job centre and have the job centre send copies.  Not sure if you can, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Hope some of that helps.

• daniellelucy
    Somebody said that's what you take to your face to face assesment, but think it's strange as havnt filled out the form that asks how your disability affects daily life ECT, I know when you move from DLA to PIP you still have to fill out this form
  • trev2819
    trev2819 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    edited September 2018
    That does sound strange then.  And now you mention it, photo ID and proof of address is something the face-to-face requires so seems odd to ask for it beforehand.  I think definitely worth ringing them tomorrow then - if only to confirm the letter is genuinely from them and not some fraudster trying it on.
  • daniellelucy
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @daniellelucy,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I've moved this into our dedicated PIP category so other members of our community can offer some advice and support with this. :)
    Liam
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not strange at all. It all relates to identification in the first place and secondly the ability to show that you have the legal right to UK benefits.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.