Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I want to drive again from my powered wheelchair with hand controls

Any advice would be much appreciated 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you claim High rate DLA or enhanced mobility PIP? If so then you'll be able to have the mobility car in exchange for your mobility payment and motability will deal with the adaptions, there maybe a charge for some adaptions depending on what you need.

    If you don't claim any of these benefits then unfortunately you won't qualify for a mobility car and will have to fund the adaptions yourself.

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.