Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

ESA Contribution Based + IR Top up and NHS pension

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,040 Disability Gamechanger
    Your pension will affect any Income related ESA £1 for £1. Any pension under £85 per week won't affect your Contribution based ESA. Were you claiming both premiums on your ESA... Enhanced disability premium and severe disability premium?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    Those 2 premiums are what you will lose yes, which is £80.70 as you pension is less than this per week then it will work out that you'll lose approx £60 per week.  I don't know who told you that your pension wouldn't affect your ESA but it does. You will get to keep the contributions part which is approx £110.75 per week, providing your pension is below £85 per week. Unfortunately you won't be able to challenge this decision because that's the rules for Income related benefits. You need to report all changes in circumstances.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    Which is what is said £1 for £1. It's the rules for Income Related benefits unfortunately. You can't have the pension and the full Income related top up.
Sign in or join us to comment.