Sent off a PIP form and I don't know what's next or what to expect — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sent off a PIP form and I don't know what's next or what to expect

Options
jadica
jadica Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I'm new to this and really quite unsure.
I have recently been diagnosed with ms although I've been struggling with it since 2012. I sent off a pip form which DWP received 3/9/18. I just don't know what's next or what to expect, it's really driving me crazy and I hear so many horror stories.
Thank you for any information

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jadica,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. :)

Best of luck with your PIP application! We have lots of information about Personal Independence Payments on our website which you might find useful. I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jadica
    Welcome to the community!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You'll most likely be sent an appointment for a face 2 face assessment as most people have them but waiting times vary depending on backlog in your area. Evidence will be needed to support your claim, so hopefully you sent this with the form. Once you've had the face 2 face assessment, the report will be returned to DWP and a decision will eventually be made. Waiting times for all this depend on backlog in your area. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JoAnne143
    JoAnne143 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Please try and take someone with you and ask fur a copy of your report at the meeting  That way any problems you have the write up to argue should you not be granted it. Good luck. 
  • jadica
    jadica Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, I've just undergone some treatment for my multiple sclerosis (infusion that took up most of the day) my heads just all over the place and the constant waiting doesn't help.
    Thank you again
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once you've had your assessment you should ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you and not ask the health assessment providers at the assessment. They won't be able to send you a copy of the report, it's the DWP that do that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.