Hi, my name is Angiebabe! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Angiebabe!

Angiebabe
Angiebabe Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
Iv got osteoarthritis in hands knees feet hip , Iv had 5 operation on my **** sphincter mussel, left with in continent from bowl , unsteady on feet with hip drop and instability analyst pride from Muskularskeleton department, have nuro vascular corns callas in both feet on going podiatrist appointment every 4 weeks been under them for 25 yrs feet worsened over time 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Angiebabe
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you've had a really tough time with this. Many members of the community suffer with Osteoarthritis too and I'm sure they will be more than happy to get in contact with you to offer support. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Angiebabe,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. :)

Have you had a look at our physical/ mobility impairments category? There's lots of discussions in there which might be of interest to you.

If you have any questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Angiebabe
    Angiebabe Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Liam aww I’m going to read through later not to well today thanx for reply
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Angiebabe
    Bowel incontinence can be a really difficult thing to deal with but there are treatments that can help you live with it, take a look at the NHS website here.

"Treatment can help improve incontinence and reduce the impact it has on your life. The best treatment for you depends on what's causing the problem.

Treatments for bowel incontinence include:

• continence products – such as pads you wear in your underwear or small plugs you put in your bottom
    • changes to your diet – such as avoiding foods that make diarrhoea worse
    • medicines to reduce constipation or diarrhoea
    • exercises to strengthen the muscles used to control your bowels – called pelvic floor exercises

Surgery may be considered if other treatments don't help.

Read more about treatments for bowel incontinence."

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness