Stop working due to ill health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stop working due to ill health

Options
robinhood8
robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello everybody, I've had a meeting at with my manager and HR we have all decided and no longer can do my job as support worker due to having arthritis in my neck my little back and also problems with my  ankle can someone please give me some advice on way to go now I I was born on Cp much appreciated for the advice thank you Jacqueline

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    SSP should be claimed first for 28 weeks. 5 weeks before this ends your employer should give you the SSP1 form, then you'll be able to apply for Contributions based ESA but payment won't start until your SSP has ended.

If you've already claimed your 28 weeks of SSP then you should  have already been given the SSP1 form for you to apply for ESA.

If your area is a full Universal Credit area then you'll need to apply for New Style Contributions based ESA....if not then it will be the old legacy ESA which is Contributions based. Similar benefit with different telephone numbers to claim.

Check your area here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @robinhood8,

We have some useful information about stopping work due to a disability on our website which may be of interest to you. I hope this helps!
    Liam
  • robinhood8
    robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.