I lost my PIP appeal in court last month. When can I reapply? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I lost my PIP appeal in court last month. When can I reapply?

Options
Coops
Coops Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
In August 2018 I  lost my pip appeal in court .I made my claim in February 2017 and appealed in June 2017 . When can I reapply. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Coops Pleased to meet you welcome. Thank you for joining and your question.

I am unsure of an answer to your question. Some one in our community or team will reply to you.

We are a friendly, supportive community.  Care and share.

Lots of information, advice from our community.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Coops,

You can re-apply for PIP at any time. Our benefits advisors posted this on another discussion which I hope you might find useful:

"You do not need to wait 12 months to reclaim PIP. However, if there is a short time between applications and there is no noticeable change in needs detailed on the new PIP application form, PIP may use the same medical information when first refusing your claim. I would however not be put off by this, and I would keep in mind the rules of PIP when completing the new application."

Best of luck with the new claim if you decide to reapply, and if you have any further questions, then please do get in touch!

Liam
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

"You do not need to wait 12 months to reclaim PIP. However, if there is a short time between applications and there is no noticeable change in needs detailed on the new PIP application form, PIP may use the same medical information when first refusing your claim. I would however not be put off by this, and I would keep in mind the rules of PIP when completing the new application."

Best of luck with the new claim if you decide to reapply, and if you have any further questions, then please do get in touch!

When my wife was in her late 60's she applied for Attendance Allowance (DLA Care for the over 65's). This was refused by the DWP. A week or two later she put in another claim and this too was refused. This time she appealed and I went to the Tribunal for her but even so she lost the appeal. A couple of weeks later she put a third claim in which would you believe it was accepted straight away by the DWP and awarded her the highest rate indefinitely.
    There was no difference in the evidence sent in for all three and the claim forms were completed virtually the same.(obviously so as it was just the truth). 

No prior help was obtained or advice sought for any of the claim forms as the only person that really knew what her difficulties were and how they impacted on her life was her.
  • Coops
    Coops Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.