is it normal to loose 2 weeks of money — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

is it normal to loose 2 weeks of money

blitzy123
blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
hi all 
i got my  sons decision this week his pip will start 10 october and they are paying him 3 weeks money on 31st october  then get every 4 weeks
now  he was currently getting dla in pip letter they said dla will end 9th oct  which i knew 
he is due payment as normal this tuesday  i rang dla  and asked if would be his last payment they said yes   he will be paid tuesday but will be  his last my question is so as from 18th sept to 9th of october he looses out  gets no  payment even thou pip has said his dla will end 9th october any advice would be great ty  ( his orignal award for dla was due to end 20 th nov 2018 but has been asked to move him to pip)

Comments

• JoAnne143
    JoAnne143 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    You wouldn't normally lose money. However they may have worked it out in arrears as is normal. 
  • blitzy123
    edited September 2018
    @JoAnne143 hi they told me the arrears ar paid on 31st october  from  date 10 to 30 october thats  his pip just dla should end on 0th they said now dla saying paying me18th sept n last payment he was rude n spent l not even 2 min on phone n said  no last payment 18th sept anything  else i can help u with n said bye  wouldnt give me no chance  to ask to explain 
  • JoAnne143
    JoAnne143 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Write down dates and monies received. Explain you are due x amount. Send them a letter signed for  Give it a week the call them and have the name of signatory. Bet they're not rude next time. Good d luck. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Ring them up again and explain what you need to know they will have it on record the date and time you phoned and should have who,you spoke to, if so,then you can complain about how rude he, she was and perhaps get your payment queries sorted, explained to you with the need of writing letters and sending recorded delivery more exspence and time getting to post office. I have been calling DWP, and different multi national companies call centers and have had nothing but polite helpful people deal with my problems, concerns being patient and helpful. 
  • blitzy123
    wilko said:
    Ring them up again and explain what you need to know they will have it on record the date and time you phoned and should have who,you spoke to, if so,then you can complain about how rude he, she was and perhaps get your payment queries sorted, explained to you with the need of writing letters and sending recorded delivery more exspence and time getting to post office. I have been calling DWP, and different multi national companies call centers and have had nothing but polite helpful people deal with my problems, concerns being patient and helpful. 

hi and ty  yes agree nearly all who ive spoke to ave been polite and helpful prob why i was shocked! after i gave my son details with in a min call was over  its like he didnt even look in to it  . i know i rec pip decision hopefully ii get letter off dla to say  they ending claim and details will be on there i dont want to ring  them nomore after the way he spoke will wait see if get letter 

• dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Ive had same sort of letter and like blitzy123 .had a really rude person on phone makes me feel i dont want to ring up again.but thinking about it without people like ourselves  these people would have no job .so  i may give it another go just because i wont be spoken to in that way . but if they are rude again will take down their name and make a complaint to whoever in charge only way to deal with impolite and rude people
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    So many people get totally confused with the payments when transferring from DLA to PIP. DLA is paid 4 weeks in arrears, so once the DLA ends you'll have another payment before your PIP payment start. You will not miss out on any weeks of payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • blitzy123
    @poppy123456 hi i do get the arrears part  his payment on 18th sep is for arrears the man told me that would be his last payment  so from the period 19th sept till the 9th october  he gets no payment as pip starts on 10 october he told me on phone no we  will not be paying that period just dont undrestand why 
  • blitzy123
    edited September 2018
    and i do think he didnt even look into it as normally when i phone up i i have to answer a few security questions just strange i didnt today

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.