How much longer for pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much longer for pip decision

Saracen
Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
Hi all 
Dont believe this phoned pip today see if theres any decision on my pip .
They told me I should hear in 2-3 weeks its already been 23 weeks from the time they recieved my completed forms , had my assessment in early july phoned just 2 days later and they sent me a copy ( phoned on a friday afternoon 4oclock. And got it by 10am following morning I was really impressed) worked my points out 18 mobility 13 care bit of shock when the women told me they didnt recieve my report till the 21st august so I asked how could they send me copy of it in early july when they didnt recieve it till 21 august I think someone is telling porkys I also thought this women knows it all so told I worked out my points and she said then thats what youll get so why do we wait for  a decision maker lol
Thanks for listening

Comments

• Saracen
    Oh I forgot to say she I should hear something by middle of october 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You got your acessment report very quickly after requesting your report 2 days after your acessment, having worked out your expected award from the points scored looks great but sadly you still have to wait for the official award letter. Your award notification may be delayed as your report has been sent for an audit, but at least you can rest and relax knowin you hav a good point score and just waiting comfirmation. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    The report wouldn't have been sent to audit because a copy of the assessment report was received so quickly. DWP won't send reports out until both copies (digital and paper copy) have been received back. A report being sent to audit means there will be a delay in returning it to DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Saracen
    Thank you for your resonses 1 wilko it was the following morning I got the report now u can understand I had it 19 hours after requesting it this was mind boggling lol
  • Saracen
    Thank you for that clarification poppy123456
    I  appreciate your input so much at this difficult and stressful time
  • Saracen
    Cant believe the report only took 19 hours to be delivered
    Lol
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi When you talk about audits for PIP claims, would that be done by the PIP auditors before the assessment report is sent to the DWP. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Rosie2017 said:
    Hi When you talk about audits for PIP claims, would that be done by the PIP auditors before the assessment report is sent to the DWP. 
    yes, that's correct. If it is chosen for audit there's no timescales to how long it will take. It's happened to me twice. It just delays the decision process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie2017
    Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    I have received a text and two letters saying the DWP now have my assessment report, I had my assessment on August 14, so I can presume it's not at audit. Thanks for your help.
  • Saracen
    Did you ask for a copy rosie
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Was your report sent via post @Saracen x
  • Saracen
    Yes butty only took 19 hours couldnt believe it
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    I rang for mine today. Hope mine comes that quick lol x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.