Won PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won PIP appeal

Options
sandyopoku
sandyopoku Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
Every one I have osteroartheritas Ive had it since 209 and its really bad  and also suffer with other aliments so I made a claim  last year in may and eventually had an assesment it was refused I tried a second and third time it was refused so I wen to tribunal  but it was ajourned as they needed my medical notes  and DWP never had them
my second tribunal was 8-9-2018 and I was dreading it as I thought I would get refused again,but I didnt I was awarded lower rate of pip and they told me that my medical notes helped their decision a great deal and DWP should have asked for them in the first place
I received a letter this week from the tribunal informing I had won my appeal I know have to wait for the DWP to contact me
so lets see how long they take

I would say to any one who is refused do not give up if refused go to tribunal

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @sandyopoku   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Congratulations winning your appeal.

Thank you for sharing a positive post. 

We are a friendly, supportive community.  Care and share.

Please ask if you want to know anything.  Some one from our community will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sandyopoku
    Welcome to the community! Congratulations on winning your tribunal! Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @sandyopoku,

Welcome to the community, and thank you for sharing your experience. Congratulations on winning your tribunal - that's great news! :)
    Liam
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I would say to any one who is refused do not give up if refused go to tribunal

Good advice, but you have to have the strength, determination and ability to do so. Many ill or disabled people unfortunately do not have that level of ability.

• welshbirdne
    welshbirdne Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    Good advice, but you have to have the strength, determination and ability to do so. Many ill or disabled people unfortunately do not have that level of ability.

Agree, especially when there is a mental disability
  • missm
    missm Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    how long was the wait between your adjourned tribunal and your 08.09.2018 tribunal ?  
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Agree, especially when there is a mental disability
    Of course. It is those people and those that suffer in pain daily and those that have great difficulty making it out of the front door that are let down by the system.
    I was reading a post recently that said that they had sailed through the system easily.
    It later came out that the individual concerned was experienced in dealing with these types of things and had the mental/physical ability to fight on any level. 

When people say that they had a trouble free process they can only have been able to help themselves - which then makes me wonder if some claimants are actually as disabled as they say they are if they have that ability using their own resources only. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.