Need advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice

Rob316
Rob316 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi all so I had my f2f and my pscopherpist came with me we went into the assessment together and I received my letter saying they were stopping my pip I got 0 points my pscopherpist said he had never seen that befor so I appeled it and sent in doctors letter my pscopherpist did a letter to so they have them all I'm just wateing to here back because of this my wife's carers has stopped income support has droped as my little one has just started school so I'm finding it hard to cope with it all hate not knowing 

Comments

• angel137
    angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Hi Rob.
    Sorry to hear you're having to go through this situation, as many of us here are. I'm glad to hear that you have the support that you do. 
    You say you were receiving Pip previously. Were you on standard care or mobility? If your health picture remains unchanged or if it has worsened, there is no reason why you would not still receive Pip. The f2f "assessment" is not fit for purpose. 

It sounds like you are doing the MR at the moment. I also got "0 points" but got the decision changed.
    If you find you do have to go to an appeals tribunal, try not to worry. Around 70% of people are successful at tribunal when appearing in person. 
    Hang in there!
  • Rob316
    I was on low mobility and med on the other one i suffer with ptsd and emotional disorder and the way the assesser  made me fill well there isn't any words really when I got no points my doctor had to give me dieasipam as I was so low I fill trapped wateing on the dicsion it's keeping me up at night with worry as my pip helps with rent and my son has just started his first year in the invents so he has made bonds with people and I don't want to have to move and make him start fresh
  • angel137
    angel137 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Hi Rob . Yes, it is challenging when you first hear about it. It is disappointing and it isn't easy to do the assessment and go through the process. Remember to get the support you need from the people around you that you've mentioned. It sounds like you were on DLA, standard (medium) care and mobility.
    Try not to get ahead of yourself. The financial situation will hopefully be temporary. The MR stage doesn't take long. If you need to lodge an appeal, that will take longer but you have a very good chance of success at this stage. 
    Your family and all your supporters will help you get through it. Many of us have been through it, including me. It eventually got sorted. 
    Take care. 

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    angel137 said:
    . Around 70% of people are successful at tribunal when appearing in person. 
    Yes but only if you are properly represented.
    If you go it alone without representation the success rate drops to below 50%.

• dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Some people have no choice but to go alone in person good luckwith it rob .im sure what angel137 right !
  • Rob316
    Thanks people 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.