Hi, my name is Maggiedoll65! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Maggiedoll65!

Options
Maggiedoll65
Maggiedoll65 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Thank you for letting me join.

Comments

• welshbirdne
    welshbirdne Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Options
    Hello, just joined too xx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Maggiedoll65
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Maggiedoll65 :)
    Scope

• Maggiedoll65
    Options
    Hi@Ami2301and @Chloe_Scope. Thank you. I started my Pip journey on the 1st of June. I was on the mobility component of dla only but I applied for the care component as my health has worsened considerably. I received a text yesterday saying that I had been awarded pip. Is there a possibility that I may only have been awarded just the mobility side again. It's such a minefield. I'm 57 and live in Scotland.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi@Ami2301and @Chloe_Scope. Thank you. I started my Pip journey on the 1st of June. I was on the mobility component of dla only but I applied for the care component as my health has worsened considerably. I received a text yesterday saying that I had been awarded pip. Is there a possibility that I may only have been awarded just the mobility side again. It's such a minefield. I'm 57 and live in Scotland.

Good news. Your award could be either daily living, mobility or a combination of both.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maggiedoll65
    Options
    His @poppy123456 turns out my  pip award was for the standard daily living and after 15 years they have decided in their wisdom to take that off me. I haven't received my award letter yet was told this over the phone. I have been advised to do a mandatory reconsideration. I'm so stressed out and upset. I'm based in Scotland. Does anyone know if I keep my mobility car during this process. Sorry for long post.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    His @poppy123456 turns out my  pip award was for the standard daily living and after 15 years they have decided in their wisdom to take that off me. I haven't received my award letter yet was told this over the phone. I have been advised to do a mandatory reconsideration. I'm so stressed out and upset. I'm based in Scotland. Does anyone know if I keep my mobility car during this process. Sorry for long post.
    Sorry but I’m confused, in a previous comment you said you have been awarded? Or were you awarded daily living and not the mobility part? 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Maggiedoll65
    Options
    Sorry @ Poppy123456. I should have said I've had the high rate mobility for the past 15 years . Ive not had my letter yet but was told the award had went in my favour after i found myself having to apply for daily living.  Was told this yesterday over the phone. I haven't even had the 150 yet. Received standard amount for daily living.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you claimed PIP you would have been assessed for both parts and not just the daily living part. 
    As you were refused the mobility the motability will be in contact with you in due course. There are some options available for those that joined the scheme before 2014 https://www.motability.co.uk/how-it-works/allowances/support-package/
    You can challenge the decision by requesting the MR first but do be aware that the mobility part for moving around for Enhanced is different to DLA high mobility .
  • Sammiiiii
    Sammiiiii Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    i just joined to hello everyone 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Welcome @Sammiiiii :) How has your weekend been?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sammiiiii
    edited October 2022
    Options
    hey @Tori_Scope i have been better. My weekend was not great yesterday i was call in for a record of discussion about my conduct at work Over sharing etc. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @sammiiiii. Is your employer aware that you have dyspraxia?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sammiiiii
    Options
    @Tori_Scope told them right at the beginning of my employment but nothing has been done about it. it was ignored. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's frustrating to hear @Sammiiiii is it something you're able to talk to HR about?

ACAS has lots of support and advice on disability at work if that's helpful, and please let us know if we can do anything else to help :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Maggiedoll65
    Options
    Hi @sammiiiii I am too ill to work.  I was on high rate dla for mobility. After applying for pip I was awarded the standard daily living but refused mobility. 15 years i was on it.It's really beyond me. Just waiting on award letter then look at my options. 
  • Sammiiiii
    Options
    Hey @Maggiedoll65. @Alex_Scope they dont have a HR department nothing of the sort but i will like to have the contact details for Scope pleas inbox me with it 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sammiiiii if you would like to talk to one of Scope's advisers you'd be welcome to give the team a call on the Scope Helpline, or you can email too: 
    Scope's helpline provides free, independent and impartial advice and support on issues that matter to disabled people and their families. 

Phone: 0808 800 3333.
    Email: helpline@scope.org.uk.
    Textphone: dial 18001 then 0808 800 3333.
    Calls are free from UK landlines and mobiles.
    We’re open:
    • Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
    • You might get a quicker response if you call before 1pm or after 4pm
    • Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 6pm
    • Most bank holidays
    Likewise @Maggiedoll65 please reach out for support if you need it, either with our Helpline team, or here on the community :)  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness