Moyra Hill — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moyra Hill

Paddie
Paddie Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
I feel really awful posting at this time of night...... I'm so sorry, I truly am.
Its not been a good night at all.. although, on the surface, it's been great.
ok, I wasn't thinking straight & I drank alcohol with the new medication I've been put on..,I can put my hand on my heart & say, truthfully, I have not got dr
unk.... far from it!
Im very far from "drunk" & im being truthful about that.....
my husband has said I'm "affected" & is really off with me.
Now is the time I just want out.... I really can not take anymore.
I hate an atmosphere & I know he is (as I am) very tired..... but this attitude really is my Achilles Heal.
Im just not strong enough to deal with all this & feel, for everyone's sake.... it would be much better, if I were to take my life.....
Im so sorry, please forgive me & all who have a faith, please, please pray for me....??
Paddie

Comments

• JohnMcL
    JohnMcL Scope Posts: 4 Connected
    Hi Paddie, I’ve just read your post and I’m really concerned about you and sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment. I wanted to reach out to let you know of organisations that might be able to help with how you're feeling. The Samaritans can be contacted any time on 116 123 or by email which is jo@samaritans.org. There is a list of organisations provided on the NHS website which might help you, or alternatively it might be worth checking in with your GP to let them know how things are at the moment. It would be good to know that you are safe today?

John 
  • Paddie
    Dear JohnMcl
    Im ok but extremely down. 
    Thank you for caring....
    paddie
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paddie, how are you doing today? I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down. Have you spoken to a GP about this? If you are feeling down then please reach out to an organisation like Samaritans. You can call them 24/7 on 116 123. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask :)
    Scope

• Paddie
    Thank you Chloe.
    It's quite amazing how things can change.
    i had a bad eve last night but today, I feel so much better.
    Im very up & down at the moment.
    I've a lot to consider re a new treatment the Consultant wants to try.
    However, it has a potentially "fatal" side effect & I need to know a lot more info before I make a decision.
    Thank you again.
    Paddie
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @Paddie! So glad you had a good day yesterday, I hope today is equally as kind. 

It's good to hear you are working with your consultant on new treatments, and I can imagine the decisions will be daunting. Being well informed when you make the decisions is a good approach to take. I hope you can your consultant can figure something out soon which can help you feel more positive with minimal side effects.

Have a lovely day :) 
    Scope

• Paddie
    Yes, I am still feeling better ( fingers crossed ?) it stays this way!
    Thank you again for your support.
    Fond regards 
    Paddie

Brightness