Positive experience? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positive experience?

jadica
jadica Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Has anyone had a straightforward, positive experience when claiming PIP?

I have recently sent off my form, and reading through forums has got me worried and nervous. Just don't know what to expect. ?

Comments

• Mandy58
    Mandy58 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Am still waiting for my decision it has been 7 weeks since my FTF 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,342 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes lots of people claim PIP successfully without any problems. I did when i first claimed and my review was successful too, with a high award for mobility.

My daughter also claimed successfully first time last year with Enhanced for both. We both claim for totally different conditions. Good luck with yours.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jadica
    Thank you, it's nice to hear of some positive outcomes.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
  • blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    yes i ave  well my sons had to switch when turned 15 was asked to claim rec forms in july  sent them back they rec 14th august had  telephone assesement 21st auguist  very polite n helpful  woman who did paperbased assesment she didnt lie on his report i sent in health ans education plan with my claim . i got his decision on 10th septemeber  his pip is gonna start  10th ictober  . when he was on dla he was awarded high care low mobilty   on pip he gets high both  care and mobilty  so pip he is better off with . on the whole i found the pip straight forward ( with the advice on scope as some  things didnt understand ) but i ave heard this hasnt been the case  for all  i been quite lucky  i guess but u hardly hear all positive ones u hear more horror storys  good luck  with yours 
  • jadica
    Thank you.

Glad yours went smoothly, nice to hear. ?
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Hi I had too right a bit for a home visit.bit stuck too my guns with help from my m.p.got a home visit was completely honest and got awarded .good luck 
  • dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Yes i applied applied for home visit when i first applied on the form but then they sent me an appt through it was to far away and ridiculous time in morning to get there so my daughter in law phoned and got it closer .so on the day of first assessment  i had got myself  so worked up and stressy my husband decided we should leave home abit early to find the place and for me to calm down abit we left home about 10.45 got there by 13.30.only to be told appt was cancelled they said they had left a message on home phone and had tried to ring my mobile (wrong mobile number by the way)which my husband had told no we had not recieved call receptionist said well i rung home number at 11.15 and again 11.20.well we werent there said my husband.she replied i rung mobile number that was on form which was a lie number on form is my present and has been past 6 years..husband said well we asked for home visit so can you do that. No she said your wife doesnt make criteia.unbelievable. and on top of that because my daughter in law changed venue they classed that as me cancelling appointment  something they  dont always tell you .so my advice to anyone having to go for assessment  ring them on day save wasted time and money ! 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The only aspect of PIP that I could say was positive in the past 5 years (3 re-assessments) of claiming since I was 65 - now 70, was when I told them where they could stick their PIP system. They just accepted it without a fight or required explanation. Thankfully I have had 5 months so far of peace and quiet.

• Mandy58
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Jadica
    My pip application went through fine.It took from August to January to sort out.
    I was a transfer from DLA so although they are different criteria it may be what made it easier.My assessor was fair and honest.
       Debsidoo.x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    debsidoo said:
    Hi Jadica
    My pip application went through fine.It took from August to January to sort out.
    I was a transfer from DLA so although they are different criteria it may be what made it easier.My assessor was fair and honest.
       Debsidoo.x
    In your case maybe. Did the DWP look at your DLA file for relevant evidence? I had High Mobility & Care from 1995 and then from 2011 it became indefinite. Yet the transfer to PIP resulted in no points being awarded!
  • dignifieddoll
    mine was also a transfer from dla i also got an indefinite  letter from them 2012  pip took from may 2018 until sept 2018 wouldnt say it was an easy transfer.didnt know you could ask if they could take my old dla file into consideration at time  to late now i suppose .thinking about it the indefinite letter wasnt worth paper it written  on .as i got told by assesor it was not relevant so why did they send them out then at the time. Surely that should have been investigated by someone  just saying 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine was straightforward, although it took a few weeks to get a f2f assessment, made a decision in just over a week
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • dignifieddoll
    Im really pleased for you nice to hear some people have better time 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I did think mine was going ok as I hadn't heard about needing a f2f for 12 weeks or so. However, that changed last Friday but at least they understood I was housebound and even managed to find me. I would say it went through ok but considering how complex my condition is and how it affects me and yet I look ok as it's all invisible plus the fact that, due to anxiety, I talked and said far too much. I have a horrible feeling things are about to get rocky especially as she said I would hear my result in 4 weeks or less, which no one else seems to have done.

Regardless of the result the anxiety will have me worrying terribly in the meantime.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Mandy58
    I was told the same thing that I would hear from them in 4 weeks you will hear from them just to let you know that they have received your claims form and when them make a decision they will let you know 8 weeks today am still waiting for my decision to be made 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.