PIP support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP support

martintrott100
martintrott100 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Dear collieague
my name is martin trott, the secretary of the state decided to review my claim for pip award on the 6th october 2017, and i was awarded high mobilty and standerd care,but in jan of 2018 i was told bad news that i have copd/asthma,so my friend said you must tell dwp as you have a change of your health ,so i rang dwp on the 15th of march 2018,telling an adviser all my illnesses ,which i had 31 days to get the form back,so on the 24th of march of this year they said i need a new health review ,so i went back to the atos heath care ,and they did an audit on my name broke the date protection act ,as i never gave her no information for this and they held my file back for over 8 weeks why they told lies through an audit to dwp,so basically what i am trying to say is she has stopped my claim i have lost over 800 pounds a month and i think its disgusting,the heath nurse who said this would not let me send information to the dwp in her mind she ended my award that i got in jan18 ,so now its september and i dont know what else to do,i am appealing  can you tell me if this was allowed because i dont think it should be 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @martintrott100
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Many members of the community have been in the same position as yourself and I'm sure they would be more than happy to get in contact with you to offer support and advice. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @martintrott100 I'm sorry to hear this. Information about appeal process can be found here. I will move your discussion to the PIP section of the community and hope other members will be able to offer their advice :)
    Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to help!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.