Pip assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment

Options
boggle10
boggle10 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So I had my capita assessment on the 5th of September, a week ago, anyway got a man who ask all the questions that I had already answered in the form, I said that my head was for going .and he said it was probably Down to having to be there that it didn't help my depression, he ask about aids I used to help me eat, I said I had that curved cutlery and he said so you need your food cutting up, he promted my answers and if I couldn't think of how to answer he answered it and ask was that how it was.  He also said twice how beautiful my daughter was which I thought was not very appropriate, I'm now a physical and nervous wreck waiting 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us @boggle10, have you asked for the assessment report? Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for!
  • boggle10
    boggle10 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    No not yet  daughter has rang about it but dwp say they havnt received it yet. I'm dreading the outcome to be honest. But I know I'm not alone x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    boggle10 said:
    So I had my capita assessment on the 5th of September, a week ago, anyway got a man who ask all the questions that I had already answered in the form, I said that my head was for going .and he said it was probably Down to having to be there that it didn't help my depression, he ask about aids I used to help me eat, I said I had that curved cutlery and he said so you need your food cutting up, he promted my answers and if I couldn't think of how to answer he answered it and ask was that how it was.  He also said twice how beautiful my daughter was which I thought was not very appropriate, I'm now a physical and nervous wreck waiting 
    Apart from the assessment itself, I would be none too happy if someone in an official capacity made a remark of that nature about my daughter - bells would be ringing loud and clear!!
    That would be my first complaint - inappropriate behaviour.

The second complaint would be that the assessor was leading the claimant into giving answers that may or may not be true. A certain no no  from someone who should be extracting the answers and not suggesting them.

However I know full well that these complaints will go nowhere as there is no actual evidence that the two issues ever happened. I would not expect the assessor to admit to either of them. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.