PIP face to face - report had lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP face to face - report had lies

mallett85
mallett85 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently had my pip face to face and waiting on a decision I read the report and some of it was **** she asked me what do i do in spare time I said I  used to play games on my phone don't no more as condition has got bad but I'm my report she put I play games on my phone and half of the stuff said I couldn't do. she said I can .on good side she has scored me 8 points on each section and says she recommended a reveiw me in two years .does that mean I haven't got it or have I got it as she made it look like I lied on some of it 

Comments

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Hi Mallett85,
    I'm sorry I have no idea regarding your PIP enquiries but, I thought I'd just say hi. I'm too worried to apply for PIP as I'm a full time carer for my daughter and I'm concerned about any consequences that may arise if I applied.
    I do hope you have been awarded PIP, these types of benefits do relieve a little stress and pressure from your life and sometimes swing the doors wide open for a multitude of other support too.
    Rapunzel x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Hi @mallett85

The DWP will add together your points from all the daily living activities. If you get between 8 and 11 points in total, you’ll get for the daily living component of PIP at the standard rate. If you get at least 12 points in total, you’ll get the daily living component at the enhanced rate.

The DWP will add together your points from all the mobility activities. If you get between 8 and 11 points in total, you’ll get the mobility component of PIP at the standard rate. If you get at least 12 points in total, you’ll get the mobility component at the enhanced rate.

So if you have received 8 points on each, it sounds like you have got the standard rate in both sections .

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • gumdrops23
    gumdrops23 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    No help but I have restricted ability to talk so was non verbal at my assessment. They gave me zero points for verbal
    communication. I got enough points elsewhere to get an award so was too scared to challenge this. How do I find the actual report to see what she actually said? 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Many assessment reports are full of inaccuracies.  If you are not happy with your award you can appeal.  71% of appeals succeed.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Matilda said:
    Many assessment reports are full of inaccuracies.  If you are not happy with your award you can appeal.  71% of appeals succeed.
    only if your are professionally represented. It goes down to under 50% - less than a 50/50 chance of getting the points if you go it alone.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You can only request a copy once DWP writes to you with their decision. To ask for your copy you should contact DWP on 0800 121 4433 or textphone 0800 121 4493. We’re not able to provide a copy of the report on the day of your face-to-face consultation.

I found this on my PIp assessment website.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Except for Northern Ireland DWP will send assessment reports prior to sending decision letter.  I received my report over a week before my decision letter and many others have reported they have received their reports before their decision letter.
  • mallett85
    I had my report before my decison
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I had all three reports enclosed with the decisions.
  • mallett85
    I rang them up and was still with a decision maker  and I asked for a report he sent it. I got to read it he told me if I have any problem with the report ring bk up. and there put it forward to the decisions maker 
  • mallett85
    Even tho there was lies in it I left it to get standard rate so.didnt call them
  • mallett85
    So you can get a report even with out a decision

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.