Is it right that a asser he was a man I am a wonman ask to show him my bed sores that are on my bum — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it right that a asser he was a man I am a wonman ask to show him my bed sores that are on my bum

pound1234
pound1234 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
hi I had a home vist I dint ask for one anyway i am a lady and the asser who came out to my home was a man I explain how I am in bed all time time as I am in so much pain so I told him I have bed sores on my bum he ask to see them I sad I don’t like to show u them as I am embarrassed by them he said he needs to se them for the assement I was so upset and felt dirty afterwards after he ask to see them I just wanted him to leve my home I was embarrassed I felt dirty and still do I don’t no who I can ask if this was right or is it noramol for then to ask I am in tears writein* this xx

Is it right that a asser he was a man I am a wonman ask to show him my bed sores that are on my bum 0 votes

Help
0%
Please
0%

Comments

• blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    he prob wanted to see  to prove  ur claim maybe . i know with my male doctor if  he his gonna be looking at any of my bits n bobs hes always said would u like me to get a nurse to come in and witness what hes doing or would i prefer a female doctor  tough question u should of refused and asked for a female if u was uncomftable or had someone else present 
  • markcumbria
    markcumbria Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    I don't think he had the right to ask because of him being a male but at the same time they still should have sent a female to visit you in your home if they were wanting that proof I would still try and get in touch with citizens advice to see what they say about it or you could make a complaint about it aswel to the company who done the home visit.
  • pound1234
    pound1234 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Thank you I’ve never bin thought this before I’ve never claim before so was not sure what to do if this was ok or not thank you

Brightness