Worried about tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about tribunal

Quinlan1
Quinlan1 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
my pip tribunal was at colchester over 75 miles away so I asked for paper one
got letter today
its been adjournment because thy want a oral telephone call I got 14 days to respond 

The said I should be given the chance to speak and I have to send more medical evidence

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Quinlan1, how are you getting on with this? Is there anymore pieces of evidence that you'd be able to send?
    Scope

• Quinlan1
    Quinlan1 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Hi. Gp letter  disbled Ot letter. Disbled grant letter new kitchen built in July for disbled letter saying I cant we’re shoes have to be NHs ones  safe at home letter 
    all saying the same I can’t walk far  or use public transport  plus hospital letters daily living diary brother letter   Not. Sure  who else I think they just i they got it in for me thanks for careing  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That sounds like all good pieces of evidence to me! You're more than welcome :)
    Scope

• dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Good luck quin hope it goes well for you
  • portia1960
    portia1960 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    My friend is in receipt  of pips , and ESA but had to move over to universal credit .He failed the health capability assement , scored 0 , was told he was fit for work . He today saw his surgeon  , and he has to have a emergency operation , maybe 2 , they have already a sowbed him for MRSA , taken blood tests , and booked him in for a MIR Scan 
    And the Surgeon  said that universal credit should send him the surgoeon  the health questionair  for him and his team to fill in , as that is what the usual process is .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    No, they very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on the claimant to make sure they send the evidence to support a claim. It's not their responsibility to prove a person is unfit for work, it's the claimants responsibility to prove they're unfit for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dignifieddoll
    Does that apply to pip as well dont they check out with health professionals that are ask for on start of claim form ?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Does that apply to pip as well dont they check out with health professionals that are ask for on start of claim form ?
    Don't be silly. They should do but actually very rarely don't bother.
  • dignifieddoll
    Oh thanks for that spose asking my gp if they have been in touch with him it would be on my medical records either many thanks for reply
  • dignifieddoll
    Wouldnt be on medical records sould of said 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.