Stopped my PIP completely — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stopped my PIP completely

Options
Callory
Callory Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I went for my pip assessment in July, I requested it as I felt my condition had got worse, and omg they failed me and stopped my pip completely. It's made me ill, my doctor has said he will back my mandatory reconsideration 100%. I've heard all the horror stories. Is it possible that your doctors help works?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi @Callory
    Welcome to the community! Sorry for what you're going through, I am unsure however another member may know and will be in contact with you soon to answer your query. I wish you all the best! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Callory
    Callory Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.?
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Community member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome @Callory

I am awaiting my PIP assessment myself, next week so  can't be of any help, but wishing you every bit of luck whatever you decide, and sure someone will be along to help you. 

Lovely crowd on here. 

P X 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Callory and a very warm welcome to the community. I am so sorry to hear this and hope you are able to get this sorted soon! Your doctors support will help with this. It may also be worth contacting citizens advice to help with the MR. We also have information about the process on the Scope website. Many members have been through this process so I hope we can help you through this :)
    Scope

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have some videos that explain the appeal process too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY

Your doctors support is great but obviously we cant predict any outcomes - best of luck to you, let us know if you have any questions!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • LittleGizmo86
    LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Callory

I am so sorry to hear this. Stories like this make me so angry.

I submitted an MR with a brilliant letter from my GP and Councellor which wasnt even read (none of my new evidence was read at MR). Due to this error they did a 2nd MR and it still wasnt looked at. I am now waiting for an appeal and have an active complaint being dealt with at the DWP due to this.

I guess what im trying to say is Drs letters are great... if somebody actually reads it!
    Good luck

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.