SPICEMAN RECIPES FOR SAUSAGES CHEAP EATS. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SPICEMAN RECIPES FOR SAUSAGES CHEAP EATS.

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Here are my go to recipes for Sausages. My advice always try to pay a little bit more for your Sausages.

Good quality ones have 90% Pork and always check the label to see.

I use mainly Chipolatas or Pork with Herbs.

SAUSAGE BOLOGNESE.

Sausages are ideal for a Bolognese type of dish I have used this since staring cooking.

Sausages have already have Herbs and Spices in them.  Add to that adapt it for your own use.  For example add a splash of Red wine to the Sauce if you wish to. I do not. I add Fennel Seeds and add Chillies from a jar.

Touch of Worcester Sauce helps.  Add Paprika One teaspoon if you wish to. Smoked one is OK.  Other is a dash of Red Wine Vinegar.

You will need Pack good quality Sausages. Out of their skins crumbled up.

Jar Pasta Sauce your favourite.  

Pasta shapes anything like Penne, Rigatoni, Fusilli.

Parmesan or Pecorino grated.

Or use Passata carton add to that Onions and Garlic Powder one teaspoon.  Tomato Puree plus some sugar a pinch or Tomato Ketchup one teaspoon. Plus Italian seasonings.

METHOD

Brown Sausages in a Sauté Pan.  Olive oil.

Add Fennel Seeds if using mix in. Stir in add Jar Pasta sauce plus Worcester dash . Or use Passata with onions and Garlic Powder.  Italian seasonings, tomato puree, ketchup.  Could use Blender if you wish to.

Cover and on a simmer.

Put Pasta on either big Pan salted Water .  Or use Microwave Pyrex Dish.  Add a portion of Pasta touch of salt. Cover with Boiling Water. Five Minutes on High.

Drain add to Pan mix.  Add touch of the Pasta water if too thick. Serve with cheese of your choice.

WHITE BEAN RAGU.

Using the Pasta sauce recipe, make a White Bean Ragu using Sausages and Potatoes and Peppers, Onions.  Cannellini and Butter Beans drained.

METHOD

In a stockpot or pan add Onions olive oil fry. Add Sausages whole. Brown.  Remove add to a plate keep warm.  Dice up.

Add Potatoes and quantity of the Pasta sauce . Use a jar or make as previous recipe.

Season add back Sausages plus Peppers any of type. Usually Red Ones diced and sliced.  Cover on simmer till Potatoes tender.

Add in White beans drained and cover again.  Simmer till cooked through and warm taste for seasonings.

You can add in here as in previous recipe for Sausages Pasta sauce.  Anything like Chillies, Paprika. Red wine splash or Red wine vinegar helps gives tomato sauces a twang. Vinegar.

Another of my Sausage Recipes out of the skins roll into Meatballs dampen hands and use this for both recipes.  Can add also Cherry Tomatoes in a tin very useful.

Hope you enjoy.

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds amazing!
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Chloe_Scope Thank you I have to admit this.  Had to start cooking from my early teens and decided to look at the Italian cook book.

When your poor and then the so called DSS.  Back in the eighties. Gave you little and had no money these are the recipes I turn to.

What was left was nothing really so had to try to find cheap eats.

This being one and so it continues every day.  Living like this.

Called Cucina Provera .  Which means cooking of the poor.  In Italian roughly translated.   

Lots of Vegetables, Pulses and Pasta add to that cheap cuts of meat and fish. 

Has to be good quality though. Like all cooking in Italy something I learnt good ingredients, simply cooked.  From my Italian friends living here.

There will be more.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I look forward to them @thespiceman!
    Scope