Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
davedig52
davedig52 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi. 
I was refused pip from June 12tg this year, I went from enhanced rate to scoring 0 points. A mandatory reconsideration was upheld so I appealed. I received a copy of the dwp files yesterday. Can I ask if any one knows, is this a sign that the actual tribunal day may be coming up soon, or is it likely that I'll still be waiting a long time. These last months have been very difficult after having £150 per week cut from my benefits. I know other people have been hit harder, but it is nonetheless a very difficult time for me. I would appreciate any info. Also, can I have somebody come with me when I do get a tribunal date as I have no one to represent me and don't know how to go about it. 
Thank you  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Waiting times for Tribunals are huge across most of the country and some areas are waiting a year and more. The bundle you received doesn't mean that you'll have a hearing date soon as this is what they always send shortly after requesting the Tribunal. You can ring them and ask how long they expect it to be and they'll tell you the appox waiting times for your area.  Yes you can take someone with you to the hearing but you'll have to answer all the questions. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    If you telephone HMCTS Birmingham with your N.I. number, tell them where you live, they may be able to give you an indication of the wait time for a Tribunal. In respect of taking someone with you, if you have a Free Legal Advice Centre near you, talk to them, they may have a representative who could help you prepare your case. Remember this, 685 to 70% of all cases referred to aTribunal are was by the Appellant.  Go for it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.