hi im new here im looking for help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi im new here im looking for help

pearson
pearson Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi im new here im looking for help

Comments

• pearson
    ive been in and out of hospital for the last 15 yr had 17 operations that left me in lots of pain .been seeing counselors and psychologist on and of since age of 8.had to stop working ten yrs ago due to illness .got put on disability benefits.i got attacked in my home over a yr ago police found me covered in blood  .man that did it got community service and lives ten min away so not left house since .but for some reason i didn't qualify for pip .so had my money stopped.i have no idea how im meant to pay bills and look after me and my son .i missed lots of hospital and doctor appointments coz cant leave the house ,even my face to face pip was at my home but still they said no
  • sophialob
    sophialob Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Hi @pearson! Welcome to the online community! I'm so sorry to hear about these events, this all sounds like it must be so tough for you and you are doing brilliantly. Do you find that your counsellors and psychologists can help with your fear of leaving the house? It always helps to talk to professionals about these very valid but debilitating and traumatic events. It sounds so difficult, am thinking of you. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @pearson
    Im sorry to hear you have had such a tough time.  Did you appeal the PIP decision? We can offer information and support around mandatory reconsideration and appeal if you want?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • pearson
    Hello yes I did after first letter saying no then they sent me a long letter saying I still don't qualify even when I sent them ten yes of hospital notes .any help would be very great full
  • pearson
    Hello sophialob I missed by last counciling appointment when I had to stay in hospital and got kicked of list .even tho I asked hospital to ring and explain .since then alot went of then I couldn't leave house so don't know how to get back on list for help
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    pearson said:
    Hello sophialob I missed by last counciling appointment when I had to stay in hospital and got kicked of list .even tho I asked hospital to ring and explain .since then alot went of then I couldn't leave house so don't know how to get back on list for help

Having spent months at a time in hospital I have become an expert in the subject.

Looking at how they work, if they find something new they put you on a waiting list. If you don't turn up for an appointment you are removed with them telling your GP of the failure to attend. To get back on the list you have to go back to the GP to get re-referred to join the list at the back of the queue.

Failing to forget another appointment the same thing happens again.

So effectively you could be on the waiting list for a couple of years with no one ever seeing you.

Moral of the story - never not go. And if you do get kicked off make damn sure you do not miss another appointment.

I had the same with the Diabetes Nurse(s) - I ended up somehow with appointments at the hospital AND at the GP surgery - I had two looking after me with each one not knowing about the other! I didn't bother seeing either and waited until someone got in touch with me. The GP surgery did some 6 months later!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.