pins needles an numbness in my fingers - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pins needles an numbness in my fingers

Comments

• susielockett
    susielockett Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Oh thats brilliant news isnt it? I think all we can do is hope when we do the appeals and I do believe the judge and anyone else there is very impartial and will consider all the evidence. Far better than the assessments we have to go through, they assessments and waiting causes a lot of anxiety, depression and nervousness for many people. I honestly would love to be able to stand up in front of the House of Commons and put it to them that things need to change.

susielockett
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi susuielockett. well said. it is great that they have realised that they needed to review a lot of cases as they have't given enough money to people. i looked at an article the other day and it looks like i missed out on the new pip assesment by 2 months. being expected to live on 57 pounds a week is a joke! what planet are these people on they certainly don't live in the real world.
  • susielockett
    No they don't Deb74, If I wasnt on the enhanced rate ESA I am not sure what I would do for money, I also keep my son and his husband on my money. My son has his own illnesses, works from home but his contract came to an end 8 months ago and he doesnt claim benefits in the hopes other work is going to come his way (hes a designer, self employed) His husband has come here from America but cant find work and is unable to claim benefits in his own right. Its so damned wrong. They have paid in excess of 15,000 for visas etc done everything by the book and left high and dry :/ enough of my moans just for me the system is all wrong. I have my appeal next week and its with me all day and most of the night. I am on a bad day today pain wise and so wish we didnt have to wait so long for appeals and decisions because I dont think the stress helps. How are you today?
    susielockett
  • deb74
    hi susuielockett. my hands are diving me mad they are aching but at least i can move my fingers today. i am excited! this afternoon i am going to see a shop in the hope that i can set up a gift shop. i looked at another shop a couple of months ago but i did not get it, the shop is in a great position in town and it is near the main car park so fingers crossed i will be up and running soon
  • susielockett
    Wonderful news deb74! It gives you something to focus on and will help tremendously :)
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. i have been to see the shop and will hopefully find out in the next few days if i have got it. as for keeping me focused i have got craft fairs back to back from mid november to christmas so i am flat out at the moment making stock for the craft fairs.
  • susielockett
    Morning Deb74, my daughter does craft work, its beautiful but she just does it to sell on ebay and facebook. She has 4 kids as well as her own health problems so really proud of her. Good luck with all your craft fairs its hard work so you do well keeping going.

susielockett
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. i have had to put the craft work on hold today. i started cutting fabric and my hands started shaking. it is very frustrating especially as i have so much to do. oh well better to be safe than sorry i don't want to cut myself!
  • duelljo
    duelljo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I get a lot of numbness in my hands if im lying in bed and my hands are higher than my heart it seems coz when I sit up a bit my hands aren't affected ....
  • susielockett
    That has to be your first priority but just do what you can when you can
    susielockett
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. i might have some exciting news! the estate agents have just phoned me and it looks like i might have the shop. i have got to talk things through with my business advisor and then talk to the estate agent again but fingers crossed i have got it then i can talk to the hmrc about getting my tax credits.
  • susielockett
    Well done deb74 I really hope you do well with it, some good news for you at last. Thats where belief and hard work get you.
    susielockett
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. i have spoken to my business advisor and i might have to take out a 6 month lease, i was hoping for a 3 month lease but the landlord is not happy with 3 months so if it means i can have the shop i am willing to take the plunge. my busines advisor is going to talk the estate agents again for me but it sounds like the landlord is desperate to rent out the shop as it has been empty for at least 6 months
  • susielockett
    Maybe a bit of maneuverability in the rent? I think it will be so good for you and to be honest 6 months is not a long time if it takes off :)

susielockett
  • deb74
    i am hoping the landlord will be happy with a 6 month lease. the shop has been empty for at least 6 months and the estate agent says the landlord is desperate to get rid of it! i am hoping the shop will do well! 6 months will cover christmas mothers day and easter so hopefully i will ok.
  • susielockett
     :)  I am sure it will deb74
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. there is only one way to find out! 
  • susielockett
  • deb74
    hi susielockett. i have had an email from my business advisor. she wants me to see the estate agent today to discusss the term of the lease so i will see what he says.fingers crossed but i think as the landlord is desperate to rent it out i will be ok. i will let you lknow what happens
  • susielockett
    So good when you feel that things are moving, it gives you a real buzz :) look forward to hearing all about it.

Brightness