A successful Tribunal/advice. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A successful Tribunal/advice.

Options
livrose86
livrose86 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi all,
I won my Tribunal this morning (19th September 2018) after waiting since last December 2017. I have complex MH needs and took the steps of fighting my case with various evidence and having a representative! This forum has been good. I am now starting the waiting game on the payments. Hope its not too long like some stories on here.
My advice is to forget about it as much as you can till you get a hearing date or keep talking to advisors/doctors and family/friends when feeling bad! It does help. Keep commited and stay strong please. Good luck!

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How would you think it would have gone if you had no help or representation throughout?

Interested to see it from a claimant's point of view and how important it feels/is to have someone working with you throughout the claim period.

• livrose86
    livrose86 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    Well to be honest, a nervous mess! I did have a blip throught the waiting process. I am glad I had support.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    livrose86 said:
    Well to be honest, a nervous mess! I did have a blip throught the waiting process. I am glad I had support.
    I did well then. - 3 face to face assessments - 3 refusals and a bloody fight for the first two.
    The third broke the camels back - I jacked it all in - couldn't cope anymore.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.