Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

davedig52
davedig52 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. 
I was refused pip from June 12tg this year, I went from enhanced rate to scoring 0 points. A mandatory reconsideration was upheld so I appealed. I received a copy of the dwp files yesterday. Can I ask if any one knows, is this a sign that the actual tribunal day may be coming up soon, or is it likely that I'll still be waiting a long time. These last months have been very difficult after having £150 per week cut from my benefits. I know other people have been hit harder, but it is nonetheless a very difficult time for me. I would appreciate any info. Also, can I have somebody come with me when I do get a tribunal date as I have no one to represent me and don't know how to go about it. 
Thank you  

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    When you receive the papers from the DWP that is just the start of the process you could wait up to a year for your day in court
  • davedig52
    davedig52 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Is that on top of the four months I've been waiting. That's really worrying, I'll be due another medical aeound that time period. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    The waiting time, starts from when you request the Tribunal and not from the MR request.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck you should get plenty of good advice here. Best to contact cab or welfare rights to help you through the process. I had a wro help me and attend the tribunal.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck you should get plenty of good advice here. Best to contact cab or welfare rights to help you through the process. I had a wro help me and attend the tribunal.
    Where did you find such a rare thing as a WRO to advise you and work with you at the appeal? 
  • debbiedo49
    It was through my local council who have a money advice team. 
  • miilreef
    miilreef Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    When you get the letter from the tribunal service that tells you that your request for a tribunal is accepted there is a telephone number on it. If you ring them they can tell you the wait time in your area. 
    They are very pleasant and helped me to know what to do to request an urgent tribunal when my circumstances changed.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    It was through my local council who have a money advice team. 
    Ah, I see. Unfortunately most council's have had to get rid of that service due to the cutbacks. More councils over the next couple of years will be following.
    Unfortunately there isn't much sympathy around for these cuts as they are funded by the council taxpayers of the area who would prefer the money to be spent on education and social care.
    I would love to have the same service as you had, but given that until early this year I didn't pay any council tax due to receiving Guaranteed Pension Credit which exempted the charge.
    A bit hypocritical to want the service yet I wasn't paying for it. 
  • debbiedo49
    We should look after those who need it regardless

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.