My thoughts about moving from DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My thoughts about moving from DLA to PIP

thor14
thor14 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi everyone, I am new to this forum,I have just rec’d my brown env on Friday morning to contact them to move from dla to pip, I haven’t slept  all w’end & absolutely dreading this whole process. I  Will keep you posted on how things progress.

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @thor14
    welcome to the forum and good luck.There are lots of people here with good advice.
      Debsidoo.x 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Getting some help to fill out the form is the first thing you should consider doing. You'll need to make sure you send your evidence with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

When you ring to start your claim, you can ask for your DLA file to be used as evidence for the PIP claim.

Most people have face 2 face assessments so expect this. There's no timescales to waiting times for assessments or decisions. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thor14
    Thankyou  everyone for all your kind comments, seeing my doctor tomorrow so I will be asking him for my medical evidence if I am right in saying this. 
  • dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Good luck thor?
  • thor14
    Thankyou dignifieddoll.
  • thor14
    Does anyone know of any charties or organisations that would help  me fill in my pip forms.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    thor14 said:
    Does anyone know of any charties or organisations that would help  me fill in my pip forms.
    There are a few, CAB or AgeUK for the oldies like me. The problem is not just about finding them it's more a case of them not having the time to get involved with you. Too many people looking for help from too few people willing to give it.
    On the whole you just have to get on with it yourself and muddle through like the majority have to.
  • thor14
    Thanks for that yadnad, That just confirms what I thought. Just have to get on with it.
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    I am in the USA and had to jump thew all kinds of hoops before I was approved. The paperwork and entire process can be so frustrating. Just do it one piece at a time.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Your local council may have a welfare rights team. They helped me. 
  • Yadnad
    Your local council may have a welfare rights team. They helped me. 
    Those are becoming almost impossible to access.
    Here, both town, district and county councils did away with this department a few years back as a cost cutting exercise
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Well it’s not same all over so it’s still worth trying 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Under some circumstances the DWP will send someone to help fill in the forms and it was with their help that I finally qualified for DLA when the CAB and MIND had both failed. I have now used the DWP again, to apply for PIP.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • thor14
    Hi there, thanks for your msg i’m not sure in Northern Ireland if we have that service from dwp. I have just heard of cab helping. 
  • Yadnad
    Topkitten said:
    Under some circumstances the DWP will send someone to help fill in the forms and it was with their help that I finally qualified for DLA when the CAB and MIND had both failed. I have now used the DWP again, to apply for PIP.

TK
    uuum, yes they offered me that service in 2013 when they found out about my mental health problems but it's a bit like putting your head in the lion's mouth and hoping not to get bitten! I refused the kind offer as anything that is remotely related to the DWP comes with one agenda - to be failed. However you seem to have had one that cared more about the claimant than they did about their job or career.
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    I do hope this works out for you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.