Not been able to cry since having a stroke — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not been able to cry since having a stroke

Marilynjs
Marilynjs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had an ischaemic stroke almost six years ago and after I found I was crying all the time but about a year ago I realised I could no longer cry however sad I feel is this something anyone else has experienced and sg
hould I be concerned please ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Marilynjs
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately we are not medical professionals so we can't say for certain. Have you spoken to your GP about this?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Hi @Marilynjs

“Welcome” it’s great to meet you today.

I’m one off the “Community Advisors”
    here on our site here.

We are all here to help/advice are new & existing members.

I also had a Stroke (bleed) in 1998 at the age off 32.

Here’s some info for you below from the “Stroke Association”

https://www.stroke.org.uk/

There is a number of things that I’m unable to “under take”  anymore following my Stroke.

Please please have a good look at the in closed Info.

If there is anything that I can help/support you with please please let me know?????
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Marilynjs and welcome to the community! I am unsure what the answer is to your question but I hope others will be able to help :)
    Scope

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Marilynjs

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

It cannot be anything to do with your stroke of six years ago.

You need to see your GP, to have matters investigated.

I also suggest that you have an eye sight test and explain to the optistian about your problem. They will be able to look at all parts of your eyes.

Hope this helps, but please see your GP.

• C_Herath2009
    C_Herath2009 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    if it helps i have problems with my eyes an optom spotted it was easy and horrid to see in photos that people took -apparently when i went to see the neurologist (I can't remember exactly what he wrote but related to SMOOTH VISION?)I also cannot smile however 2 years down the line i am still here and apparently better than i was although i get so cross with everything and everyone .My Mum could not believe it when i came home she took 1 look at me screamed & shouted you have had a stroke we had not been told.But i was drooling dropping everything fell over and broke my Ankle on day one so it was not the best off times i was ether crying 24/7 or lobbing items across the room and swearing (Has improved)

Brightness