Esa income related and high rate pup — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa income related and high rate pup

Options
Noah2018
Noah2018 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
How far can it be backdated l was told that l should have been on income related since 2012 ?  Can anyone help please 

Comments

• Noah2018
    Options
    I was put on high rate pip for both since June last year 
  • Noah2018
    Options
    Can anyone advise please ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Claiming Contributions based ESA with an Income related top up will depend on circumstances. Do you live with a partner that works, do you have savings/capital. Savings of £6,000 or more will affect any means tested benefits £1 for every £250 over that amount. £16,000 and you won't be entitled to any means tested benefits.

There's 2 premiums available for the Income Related top ups. Enhanced disability premium of £16.40 per week (less in previous years) and Severe disability premium (SDP) to claim the SDP then you must live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must claim carers allowance for looking after you. This premium is £64.30 per week (less in previous years)

If you're entitled to the Income related top up then it can be backdated to 2011 or when you became eligible ( 2012 for you) If you're entitled.

Have you been contacted by ESA? You need to fill out the ESA3 form to be assessed for the Income related top up. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.