Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision

stantheman
stantheman Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I have scored 6points for living allowance so been refused and 4 for mobility soalso refused is it worth appealing
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Unfortunately no one here will be able to answer that question for you because PIP is awarded based on how your conditions affect you daily. You need to get further advise from your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you.

If you do decide to appeal then the first step to this is the Mandatory Reconsideration and oyu have 28 days to request this. You should put your request in writing, stating what you disagree with, where you think you should have scored those points and why. Evidence will be needed to support your claim as they rarely contact anyone for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stantheman
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    If you firmly believe that your daily life is impacted by your medical conditions, then amass he evidence. GP letters, Hospital Consultants and above all your medical records for at least 2 years. Talk to your local welfare rights organisations. You can request and MR before you get all the paperwork together, but it helps. However, I have said this before, ty and keep something in reserve, should you take this to appeal. The watchword in situations like yours. Evidence, Evidence. Good Luck 
  • stantheman
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    If you firmly believe that your daily life is impacted by your medical conditions, then amass he evidence. GP letters, Hospital Consultants and above all your medical records for at least 2 years...…. I have said this before, ty and keep something in reserve, should you take this to appeal. 
    Two points - medical evidence is OK if you are trying to convince the DWP that the condition actually exists. It does not indicate what the affects/symptoms are of that condition and it certainly will not evidence the impact of those effects/symptoms on the claimant.

The second point is why on earth keep some evidence back from the DWP just in case you go to appeal? What is the point of doing that?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.