Finding Work with Systemic Scleroderma — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding Work with Systemic Scleroderma

PeteO63
PeteO63 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited September 2018 in Work and employment
Hi guys. My name is Pete 55 year old and unfortunately live in Hull. I became ill 3 year's ago with something called Systemic Scleroderma { an auto immune disease} that affects various parts of the body meaning I need to use crutches. Wheelchair or Mobility Scooter in order to get about. I also have a blood disorder COPD and Arthritis. I'm trying to get myself some work whether voluntary or otherwise but don't seem to be able to reach out to anyone that can help?  

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Pet063

Nice to meet you.

Have you tried meeting the Disability Employment Advisor (DEA) at your local jobcentre plus office.

You will find him/her very helpful, in finding something to move you back into the world of work.

They will also link you with the "Access to Work" team and importantly funding support.

Let us know if you require any further information or assistance.

Best wishes
  • PeteO63
    atlas46 thank you so much for your reply. Since being diagnosed I'm struggling with so much. I've been trying to get a disabled grant to help with a new mattress or bed but the social services are just messing me about and really wish i had someone to speak to? On ESA Support group yet don't have any kind of support network and this is affecting my mental health now.
    Pete
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PeteO63, and welcome! Great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. Regarding work, you may be interested in Scope's Support to Work programme- hopefully one of our employment advisors will be in touch who can tell you more.

I hope you know that you're a part of our community and we appreciate you- do get involved, and keep us updated, and we'll advise where we can.
  • PeteO63
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sara_Scope or @pia_scope can you help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness