Pip 1, me nil — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip 1, me nil

Andreasuperstar
Andreasuperstar Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Applying for Pip was as horrendous as I had read from others. Had my letter today - refused, 0 points.  Hate the system.

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Do a mandatory reconsideration. Make sure you have any evidence which contradict their lies.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Andrea

Unfortunately you are not alone

Have you requested a copy of the HCP report ?

You only have a month from the date on your letter to ask for an MR.
    The Report will help you understand what you need to do to score the points you need but you must get your request in befor the deadline. ( in some cases they will accept late requests under special circumstances )

Have you done a self test ?
    There is a link to one on this site. This will show you how the points system works and again what is needed to meet the criteria

Evidence, especially medical evidence is important, the newer the better but it is not essential if you cannot get it. Far more important is how your evidence is presented. Nobody wants to read through a wad of irrelevant padding so opt for quality over quantity

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Andreasuperstar
    Andreasuperstar Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Appealed and was successful :)
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
  • PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    This took a year?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.