new pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new pip claim

Options
robmercury
robmercury Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, I am new on here and was hoping for some advice, I have been on PIP since 2016 after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and arthritis , I am on standard rate but my health has sadly got worse as I have now been diagnosed with kerataconus which affects my eye sight, my question is : if I put a new claim in for PIP what will happen to my current claim while the new one is being looked at as they have said I need to put a new claim in.

thanks everyone

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

A new diagnosis, doesn't mean you'll be awarded more PIP. Reporting a change of circumstances means more forms to fill in and another face 2 face assessment. Your current PIP award will continue to to be paid until a decision is made on the new one. If you're not successful your PIP will stop 4 weeks after the decision is made. If you're successful you'll have a new award date. You need to get further advice before reporting changes. Many people have lost everything they already have by reporting a worsening of condition. Check the PIP descriptors here.
    Evidence will also be needed to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don't have to make a new claim.  You can tell DWP your disabilities have got worse.  This will trigger a review which might well mean another f2f assessment.  You will continue to receive your current award until after reassessment.

However, some people have reported a deterioration only to find after reassessment that their award has been reduced, not increased!  So, think carefully.  Try to get some f2f advice from CAB or similar, or local authority welfare rights.
  • robmercury
    robmercury Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much , I will definitely speak with the CAB before I do anything 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.