Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.


gladysgladys Member Posts: 53 Courageous
All. I am adapting our home to make it accessible to my 5 year old with dystonia. I need to move an external meter to inside the home. I have been told that some gas / electricity suppliers will do it for free for a disabled person / child . Any ideas which companies - British Gas , EON , EDF ? 
Many thanks , Emma 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,868 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know about free but some will give you some help towards the cost if you're on the priority register. SSE do this but no idea about any of the others. You may have to do some google searching to see if any companies do this. The only problem i can see with this is they will most likely not do this unless you're a customer. Good luck and i hope you find what you're looking for.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • gladysgladys Member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Thanks poppy I’ll check it out ! 
Sign in or join us to comment.