Pip refused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip refused

Scooot09XXX
Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
If my daughter has already asked for a md can citizins advice send more information to them 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, more evidence can be sent but they may not wait for it to arrive. I've heard many times that they haven't waited and gone ahead with the decision. Did you put the MR request in writing or just ring and requested it? It's always better to put it in writing stating what you disagree and where you think you should have scored those points and why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scooot09XXX
    No my daughter done it on the telephone on the 13 th of september and were going to see the citizins advice tomorrow as the doctor has giving more information i carnt sleep or anything over all this thanks for listening x 
  • Scooot09XXX
    The man went through all the questions with her 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I would advise you to put it in writing as stated above because this is your proof it's been sent. DWP could argue with you that you didn't request it. See CAB tomorrow and ask them to write the letter while youre there. If you have a copy of the assessment report, take that with you to the appointment along with all your evidence. There's only a 17% chance of success with MR decisions so it will most likely be Tribunal. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scooot
    Scooot Community member Posts: 11 Connected
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    The cab will ask you to sign a form allowing them to contact DWP on your behalf good luck 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    The cab will ask you to sign a form allowing them to contact DWP on your behalf good luck 
    Are you suggesting that the CAB would want a type of power of attorney?
    Surely they can send documents off and deal with the claimant without the need of asking the claimant to sign over their rights to privacy? Sorry but for me that is one step too far.

I do hope that I am wrong on this.

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    No that’s not what I’m saying it merely gives them authority to write and receive letters on your behalf for that purpose. They get copies of letters sent to you. It’s not p o a
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    No that’s not what I’m saying it merely gives them authority to write and receive letters on your behalf for that purpose. They get copies of letters sent to you. It’s not p o a
    Ah I see - well that seems OK - I was thinking that CAB would want to take over my life involving the DWP - doing things, writing letters that I would be unaware of and me not having the ability to veto anything.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.