PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
Dodster
Dodster Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi,

My wife has sent in her PIP .claim for and has recieved back DWp decision which no DLA but enhance rate on Mobility, which she agrred with. However when we read the 'My Decision' report it was very confusing, unclear and didn't make any sense at all; it also appear to have a lot of 'Cut & Pasting' which made it very difficult to follow,  and  coud not understand what they were trying to convey. some of their comments were totally wrong.

We call DWP and explained concerns about the report and they said we need to make a Mandatory Reconsideratio, which we did, even though we said we were happy with their decision.

3 weeks later we get reply and they have now taken everything away. it appears that DWP can override a medicailaiiy trained Assessors decision. In their report they said we didn't provide any further evidence, but we didn't think we need too as we only wanted a revised report.

Now we have to go through the Appeal porocess due to the ignorance of DWP.

Ant thoughs please 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Very unfair considering you was given enhanced mobility. 
    MR and then if not happy after that Appeal.
    I do not understand why they took it all away.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very unfair considering you was given enhanced mobility. 
    MR and then if not happy after that Appeal.
    I do not understand why they took it all away.
    At a MR the decision can be revised in any direction as it is a different person looking at the whole award with different eyes and from a different perspective. Decision Makers are not ruled by what a different decision maker had awarded
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should seek face to face advice regarding this ASAP 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,999 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Do you mean there was originally no daily living award, just Enhanced mobility?

Asking for the MR decision means you're asking them to look at the decision again and i think in this instance because you were happy with the award, just didn't understand what was put then you made the wrong decision to ask for the MR. They look at the whole award again when asking for the MR. Although mostly the decisions stay the same, but having a lower award can certainly happen, as can a higher award at this point.

You now have 28 days to request the Tribunal by filling out the SSCS1 form and sending the MR decision letter with the form. You should get advice from your local welfare rights.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Seek f2f advice from CAB or similar, or local authority welfare rights.

It's never a good idea to argue with DWP about a decision you agree with because, as you have found, they can take away your current award.

DWP are not responsible for assessment reports, the assessment company is.  Many reports are inaccurate.  If you get the decision you want from DWP, best just to leave the report.

71% of appeals win.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to PIP appeals.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.