Driving — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Driving

Jonnya
Jonnya Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning ,I was at a recent re union last weekend , after speaking to an old freind from years gone by ,the subject of the classic pip came up ,  she mentioned it , not me , basically she lost all award of previous dla moving to pip , she had notified dvla of dissabilty , however after pip assessment with no award obviously lost motabilty car , because of notification to dvla she finds it difficult to get insurance, yet the pip says theres .basically nothing wrong with her , I told her to either appeal or reapply, has anyone had this problem before ,?-,regards paul

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    A person should never contact the DVLA unless a doctor has stated that they should not drive. Once done it can never be undone in the opinion of some other organisations.

The DWP follows it's own agenda and it's statements should never automatically be accepted as true and correct.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    First thing to do is appeal and get advice from cab or welfare rights

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.