next steps for failing pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

next steps for failing pip

jaxs
jaxs Community member Posts: 13 Listener
could someone please give me any advice on what i do now  if i disagree with what the assessor  has wrote about my son after hes failed assessment for PIP ,,
I know that i need to make a mandatory considering in the next four weeks ,,
The questions that were being asked werent relevant for my sons mental health, what is the protocol i need to follow and what do i ask for ,,to see what this woman has wrote and also can i ask if shes qualifyed to deal with mental health ??
ty in advance jaxsx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You have 28 days to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) you'll need to put the request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think he should have scored those points and the reasons why.

A copy of the assessment report is useful here but be careful of the time frames, if you haven't already asked for a copy of this.

The HCP doesn't have to be qualified in a particular condition because PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily. If you don't fit the descriptors then you won't score the points. I'd advise you to contact your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you for further help.

Evidence will also be needed. You have to prove the descriptors apply and not DWP or the health assessment providers. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.