Disabled Parking in Whitby all drivers be aware — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled Parking in Whitby all drivers be aware

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @balfour   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Thank you for joining.

You raised many valid interesting points.  I am sure many members will contribute to your points.

We are a supportive friendly community.

Lots of advice, information and new friends.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @balfour
    Welcome to the community! Thank you so much for sharing this!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • amiramohammod18
    amiramohammod18 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hello @balfour
    Firstly i would like to welcome you into this community.

You have conveyed many strong points and explained the situation clearly.

As a community we will be here to support you and guide you every step of the way.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5 Listener
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Hi @balfour…..unless I'm picking up your grievance the wrong way it seems as though you feel that showing a blue badge entitles you to free parking.  That is not necessarily the case and many places state that there is no exemption for blue badge holders. There may well be a limit on occupancy of a disabled bay, I don't know but  I was in Whitby a few weeks ago and read the pay an display notice and paid the fee for the time I expected to be there.  There was no mention of a 1 hour limit on your stay.  I think that you should elaborate on what your problem really is.  Don't knock Whitby, it's a beautiful place.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • exdvr
    I get the impression given your use of capital letters that you're slightly irritated with the situation.  The use of capitals is considered to be extremely bad manners on the internet, but however, no matter where you park the use of a blue badge is a concession, although in many cases not a free concession.  Life as a disabled person is bad enough and very often the alternative can look attractive, but please take a deep breath, calm down, and DLTBGTY.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• [Deleted User]
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone, do bear in mind that words read online don’t always convey tone or context and so may be misinterpreted. We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them. 
  • painter
    painter Community member Posts: 52 Pioneering
    At our local hospital the disabled bays at the main entrance have been reduced to one hour stay.  A ticket machine has been installed and you must get a ticket and place on dash.  I am disabled, my son partial paralysed and we parked in one of the bays.  I asked at reception that would we be penalised if we went over the hour.  Receptionist was lovely, said to ask staff in the CT dept that if running late to ring the car park people.  Mentioned this when we got to dept.  Complete change.  Receptionist very sharp.  No, they would not ring car park people, car parking bays at front for short term only.  Plenty of other disabled bays on hospital site.  Tried to explain that these were scattered over very large hospital site and as we couldn't walk that well the main entrance was the most appropriate.  Suggested someone should have brought us.  I felt demoralised. I had worked at this hospital as a secretary for 25 yrs.  Used my blue badge to park each day on site and was always treated with respect .. very sad.
  • exdvr
    As a final comment to @balfour I am a blue badge holder and have suffered multiple serious disabilities for the last 68 years.  I am well able to read and comprehend the instructions relating to their use, and I know what respect for others is.  I will take no further part in this "discussion."

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Brightness