Waiting times..! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting times..!

feeney
feeney Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already... Firstly, how long, roughly, does it take to get a decision after ESA interview to get a decision, it was  mid August and i first applied April... ?  Secondly, how long does it take to hear anything about a date from PIP appeal?! I sent it on 6th June, have received a copy of everthing from DWP that they too have submitted, but no idea of what happens now or date etc.  I have email tribunal people, but nothing... Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,350 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales for any decisions. It all depends on back log in your area. Ring ESA and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the recommendations in the report.

Tribunal waiting times are huge across most of the country. Some are waiting a year and more, so it's most likely not going to be a quick process for your Tribunal, i'm afraid. Those that appear in person have the best chance of a decision in their favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,350 Disability Gamechanger
    You're better off ringing the Tribunal with your reference number and asking them the approximate waiting times for your area. This will just be a guide and could change.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • feeney
    feeney Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thank you Poppy! Will give them both a call... and wait some more! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.