Face to face assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face to face assessments

matthewwilliams1173
matthewwilliams1173 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Today I attended my face to face assessment I was in there 1 hour 30 mins which seemed a lot to me. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for capita to send the report to DWP for the decision makers to make a decision 

thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Leave it a week and then ring to request it. Decision times vary depending on backlog and can be anything between 2-8 weeks. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janekim96P
    janekim96P Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    That's how long my first assessment was but just posted back my PIP review form and dreading another face to face but good luck hope you don't have to wait too long. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • matthewwilliams1173
    Mine was a pip review and the assessor tried to ask me the same question four different ways but I kept strong and new what she was trying To do. I suffer with severe mental health issues so the wait will be very difficult for me. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine was a pip review and the assessor tried to ask me the same question four different ways but I kept strong and new what she was trying To do. I suffer with severe mental health issues so the wait will be very difficult for me. 
    Have you never though of challenging Mrs May for her job?
    With the Brexit situation I read recently that the EU has a long history of never accepting a referendum result if it goes against what the EU wants. They tell the country to keep on with the referendums until such time you get the result that the EU wants.

Maybe your assessor is following in their footsteps in that they didn't like the first three answers as they did not fit in with what they wanted you to say?

• clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Stop send their report to dwp within a few days. At the moment do are taking 6-8 weeks to make a decision.  You can make a subject access request for the atos report,,which must be sent to you within 20 days. 
    I'd advise you to do that as ATOS really haven't changed and the assessment notes are likely to be inaccurate.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Not all assessment reports are inaccurate, you do have some HCPs who tell the truth but we rarely hear about them. If someone has a decision they're happy with they have no questions to ask. A lot of people claim PIP successfully without any problems.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    edited September 2018

Between the introduction of PIP in April 2013 and July 2018: 3,855,000 claims were registered by the DWP.
    Of these they cleared 3,609,000 cases.
    Of those that were cleared, 1,885,000 claims were in payment,
    Of those that received an award 118,000 were for terminally ill claimants.
    Thus for new and DLA transfer claims 1,767,000 were in payment

It doesn't take a mathematician to work out that those given any award excluding terminally ill claimants is running at less than 50% - 1,767.000 out of 3,609,000.

So from those figures (if I have quoted then correctly that is) it would appear that more claimants, excluding the terminally ill, are failing to get any award over those who do.

• debbiedo49
    We must keep fighting 
  • matthewwilliams1173
    We must keep fighting 

I hope I don’t have to go through the mandatory reconsideration process as my fight is slowly burning out 
  • debbiedo49
    Prepare yourself for the long haul it’s easier on your sanity. Try and get support through the process it really helps 
  • Yadnad
    We must keep fighting 

I hope I don’t have to go through the mandatory reconsideration process as my fight is slowly burning out 
    Been there and mine burnt out before I could get to an appeal stage.
  • Yadnad
    I fear it may indeed not take a mathematician but perhaps a statistician can help.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/personal-independence-payment-statistics

Reality is that PIP is running well over budget and most people (72%) are getting through without difficulty.
    So you are suggesting that there is a failure rate of all PIP applications (DLA transfers, PIP reviews, terminal illness claims and new PIP claims) of only 28%?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.