Won appeal and changed groups. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal and changed groups.

Options
aqualucid
aqualucid Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone. I am new here but have been reading a lot of the discussions with interest. I won my appeal on Monday due to mental health issues. I was previously in the WRaG group but have now been moved to the support group, income based, scoring 27 points and regulation 35 applied too. I have two questions. Firstly, am I right in assuming that I will automatically receive EDP at £16 per week as a single person?
Secondly I should receive back pay dating from 30/8/17. Will this be paid at the previous rate I was on or will it come at the support group rate and will the EDP be back dated too? Or does the EDP start from the date of the tribunal decision? Totally confused over this so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Great news! If you're claiming Income related then yes the SDP single person rate is payable automatically to those in the Support Group.

Your backdated money will be from the date of the original decision and not the Tribunal decision date because the original decision to put you into the WRAG was wrong.

Backdated money can take 6 weeks or more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @aqualucid!
  • aqualucid
    aqualucid Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi people, Thanks for welcoming me and thank you so much Poppy for the advise. That puts my mind at rest.

Just a couple of points I thought I would mention. My thoughts on the meaning of the letters DWP and ATOS.

Deliberately Wronging People

Applying Tyranny Over Society         ;)

Thanks again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.