Dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip

Options
riky38c
riky38c Community member Posts: 27 Listener
Hi there ive been awarded the standard living component of pip as of today and dla has stopped was wondering when my first payment will be made 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Your DLA will continue to be paid for a further 4 weeks, and then your PIP will start after that. Your award letter will tell you when your first PIP payment will be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • riky38c
    Options
    Is severe disability premium payment different from income support payment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, severe disability premium is paid on top of an income related benefit like ESA, Income Support or JSA. What's your reasons for claiming Income Support and do you live alone or with a partner?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
  • riky38c
    Options
    I live alone and have mid learning disabilities just not been paid it yet 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What's your reasons for claiming Income support? If you don't have a child under 5 or you don't claim carers allowance for looking after someone else then you can't claim Income Support. Do you claim ESA because you're not fit for work?
  • riky38c
    Options
    Im my mums carer 
  • riky38c
    Options
    My mum has sever arthritis 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ah i see, thanks. Well the SDP can take 4 weeks sometimes longer.
  • riky38c
    Options
    I have a welfare rights person and apparently i can still claim carers allowance because i live alone 
  • riky38c
    Options
    So thatll be the reason i never received it last week only my income support 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.