Payments during Tribunal wait — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payments during Tribunal wait

Options
lolaboots
lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi all.We all know it can take a while to hear from DWP with info etc so,after submitting an SSC1,when do your ESA payments begin from?(I know they are assessment rate etc),i just wondered if they go from the date you submitted,your SSC1 or the date the Tribunal received it or some other point of time?

Comments

• hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @lolaboots
    My Daughters dad won his appeal but didn't get any payments until the descision from the appeal was posted to him.  They back dated the payments from the start of his claim from when he should have got esa.  So depending on your circumstances they can choose when to pay you from. 

Hope that helps

If you feel youve waited a couple weeks and want an update give them a call. 

charlene
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,281 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lolaboots said:
    Hi all.We all know it can take a while to hear from DWP with info etc so,after submitting an SSC1,when do your ESA payments begin from?(I know they are assessment rate etc),i just wondered if they go from the date you submitted,your SSC1 or the date the Tribunal received it or some other point of time?

Once you hear from the Tribunal and they've accepted your appeal they'll send you a reference number in with the bundle they send. You need to use this reference number, contact ESA and ask to be put back onto assessment rate. They don't automatically put you back onto it. You'll also need fit/sick notes from your GP until the Tribunal make a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,281 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you haven't been claiming JSA while you've waited and you want to be back dated the ESA since it stopped then the fit/sick notes need to be back dated to the date of the original decision.

If you've claimed Universal Credit since you've been found fit for work then you can't go back onto ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lolaboots
    lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Thanks everyone,how lovely of you all to let me know i needed a sick note.Because the DWP didn't mention it once when i spoke to them every day last week and on Monday!But as you said @poppy123456,my tribunal stuff came back Monday and then,late that afternoon,i had a text from DWP about a sick note but at least i was ahead of the game thanks to you guys!
    It's done anyway,scanned and sent in this morning so let's hope it now isn't too long until payments begin.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.