ESA and kidney disease — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and kidney disease

alisonh101
alisonh101 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Any one offer advice please. Had one kidney out a couple of years ago. Remaining one has only about forty per cent function. I have chronic kidney disease stage 3 as well as reflux nephropathy. I am constantly in and out of hospital with kidney infections. Had sepsis twice. Constantly being sick but according to DWP I'm fit for work. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Was the decision to find you fit for work a recent one? If so then you have 28 days to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. You should put it in writing what you disagree with, stating which group you think you should be in and why. Were you previously in a group or on assessment rate and did you send evidence to support your claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.