How does my medication error affect my PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How does my medication error affect my PIP?

Options
bolithoelk
bolithoelk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I I have suffed with epilepsy since I was 21 I am know 56 my doctor put me on tablets for depression and anxiety my epilepsy as been under  control until the beginning of this year we’re I had four massive fits the last one I was  still having it for 15 mins it was down to the tablets the doctor gave me cut a long story short I went to pip I told them my memory was really bad and that it had mucked my leg up we’re I had the fits  the doctor new all this but I was told in the pip letter that it was fine and they only give me the standard daily rate do I complain our leave it  thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Did you report changes of circumstances and were re-assessment with a face 2 face assessment? If so, when was the decision made? If it was less than 28 days ago and you disagree then you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) if it's outside of the 28 days then with good reasons they may accept the MR request.

Reporting a change of circumstances is always risky and you should always get further advice before doing so. For the MR request you need to put it in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and why. Send further evidence with the letter if you didn't send it previously or if you have more.

Only 17% of MR decisions change, so most likely it will be Tribunal after this. I'd advise you to get further advice to see where you can score those extra points. They also look at the whole award again and not just part of it. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bolithoelk, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your medication experiences, it must have been a really tough time for you. I hope the above response about your PIP assessment from Poppy helps. Do feel free to come back to us with any further questions, and do keep us updated with your application. You may also find Scope's information on appealing DWP decisions helpful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.