I've been denied PIP because... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been denied PIP because...

Options
Cat39
Cat39 Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've been denied pip because I have my GCSES.

It feels like a kick to the stomach, I worked hard to get my gcses which are all lower than D's, but I've now been told having them means it's proof I  can manage my time, can plan, can plan journeys and various other things. 

So what are the reasons you've been (possibly wrongly) denied pip?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. PIP is awarded based on how your conditions affect you daily and not a diagnosis. As know one knows how your conditions affect you then it's difficult to comment further. Did you end evidence to support your claim? They rarely contact anyone for this.

You now have 28 days to request a Mandatory Reconsideration. You should put your requests in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have score those points and why. If there were any lies told in the assessment report then you should avoid mentioning these in the MR letter request. DWP won't be interested in any lies told.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cat39
    Options
    I sent several doctors letters, I also took more to the assessment but was told they had "like 12 pages of stuff" and didn't want anymore.
    I've already contacted them about the mandatory reconsideration and been given a month to send in either a doctors letter or a letter from myself regarding it.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should get face to face advice with cab or welfare rights in your local area. Good luck 
  • clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    Poppy has given you good advice - in your MR list each descriptor and refer to the medical evidence that supports this.
    It would be a good idea to get copies of the ATOS HP advisers assessment and a copy of the dwp pip file. I'm assuming you kept a copy of your application form. 
    Your can request the data that the dwp have online here
    https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/personal-information-request/name
  • clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    You're local citizens advice centre may be able to help you with the MR letter. 
  • Cat39
    Options
    I've just filled out that forms online and I'll be seeing the citizens advice tomorrow over it, providing they are open. If not I'll book an appointment for next month with them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not unusual for the HCP to refuse to accept any evidence on the day of the assessment, it's happened to me twice. As you've already requested the MR over the phone then be aware that they don't always wait for a claimant to send in that extra evidence, they have been known to go ahead with the decision regardless. Only 17% of MR decisions change, so you may end up taking it to Tribunal. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.