DLA to PIP, no medical evidence requested — Scope | Disability forum

DLA to PIP, no medical evidence requested

Puzzled_and_scared Member Posts: 9 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I suffer with severe Mental Health issues, and am struggling to negotiate the Benefit claims associated with conversion from DLA to PIP.

I have an assessment with ATOS on Monday, 1/10/18, but neither ATOS nor the DWP has requested any reports from any of my doctors or specialists. Is this normal?


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Puzzled_and_scared
    Welcome to the community! I am unsure however another member of the community may be able to help you and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Puzzled_and_scared
    Puzzled_and_scared Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Thank you for responding. I am hoping that someone might have some advice! 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Puzzled_and_scared Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining. Sorry to tell you DWP do not request medical reports and information from your Doctors or Mental health support team.

    When you got the assessment date. You would have received a booklet that describes what you need to take on the day. The interview and what is going to happen.

    Add to that what you need to do. Yourself. Copies of what is needed.  Medical reports, prescription lists, care plans, information from those who are supporting you.  Social workers, counsellors, health support workers, nurses. Doctors.

    Please may I ask do you have a mental health support worker.  Just a suggestion who is supporting you on the day.  Would be advisable to take some one who knows you well.

    Understand the anxiety but you have come on to the forum. We have information and advice. Talk about PIP.  Have a look.

    Hope that helps. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

    Take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Puzzled_and_scared
    Puzzled_and_scared Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Thank you for responding.

    I have the support of a good friend who has serious MH problems himself, and who has known me for some time.

    I have a CPN, psychiatrist and psychologist and lots of other support, but no-one could attend. As you probably know, you only get 2 weeks' notice, and my MH team is so stretched, they couldn't help.

    Thank you again for your advice.

  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Puzzled_and_scared welcome. Not sure if you can get an extension so someone can go with you? Your cab or welfare rights should be able to tell you or someone from scope?


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.